5 Osteopathy Secrets to Staying Pain Free over the Christmas Holidays
- Keep moving. Too much sitting is hazardous to your health .Research shows that getting up for just 5 minutes every 30 to 60 minutes and performing light activity ( washing up, moving around the house ,walking round the block,or performing simple squat exercises ) reduces the risk of diabetes and other heart disease risk factors.
- Plan your hydration levels . Your brain can sometimes confuse thirst with hunger .Track your intake of water by having 2 litres of water ( 2 bottles of Evian size ) by the kitchen sink and get through it during the day . Have a big glass of water before your big meal and it can help lessen the amount of food you consume .
- Work out/ walk in the morning before you get distracted later in the day by parties/events or other Christmas/ New Year fun .
- Stay positive . Even though it is the season to be merry, focus any negative thoughts with a mindfulness meditation that can be found on Apps such as Calm or Heads Space or just do breathing exercises in a still space .
- Mindful Sitting : One long period of slouching and twisting the body on a soft sofa or seat can give you back ache . Sitting mindfully , facing your subject , be it a conversation with a friend or family member or a good film with cushions supporting your lower back will save you an emergency
- Enjoy your Rest and write a list about your Happy Healthy 2019!